Lotus News Channel has invited me to speak on their program “Aduthathu Enna(What’s Next) ” . This was kind of an formal talk about the latest computer technology, careers in the field of computers, etc…
It is utmost necessary that we all know the need of a thing that we possess. For instance, every one can clearly define the need for a motor cycle because it is specifically designed for the purpose of locomotion. Where as, when we consider a computer, it has got umpteen number of features and that make us confounding about its usage. To address this issue and to exploit resources provided by a computer, one should have a very clear understanding about the functionality and possess clear goals about, what are the things that one wants from a computer ?
Further to provide a clear idea, let us classify the need for a computer, i.e. Why do we use a computer ? The major reason why we use a computer can be broadly classified into,
- Profession – (Official activities like e-mail communication, documenting, accounting , programming , multimedia editing , designing etc…)
- Personal -(Personal finance accounting, surfing, online purchase, communicating with friends, work with their avocation, social networking etc… )
- Learning– (Online journal, news reading, educational videos, learning tutorials, Wikipedia , experimenting with various tools etc…)
- Entertainment – ( Playing games, listening to music, watching movies, viewing photographic images etc… )
- Storage – (Of course we have migrated to digital storage and have got piles of data to store and retrieve every day)
Here i recommend the new computer users to list out their need for a computer. So once we become clear about the need for the computer, we next move on to software that will accomplish those tasks effectively , because computers generally come loaded with very basic software that do most of the generalized work. In order to accomplish the specific and extensive tasks like accounting or designing or stock market trading, etc… , there are specialized software available in the market both for free as well as paid .
In the next post on computers category ill suggest the best software for each and every specific domains.